What comes into your mind when you heard the term advanced sales techniques? Some would probably say that it is the next step from the sales techniques that you have earlier learned. Well, this might be related on what this technique is all about. Actually, this technique focuses on the identification of the explicit and implicit needs of your customers. Through the help of this technique, you can provide people other than working to generate more sales but as well as in problem solving too.
The sale techniques
Before you finally moved on to advanced sales techniques, it is best that you take a quick glance at the sales technique that you have just learned earlier. It is just best that you at least to take some recap about it so you can expect that you are doing the right thing. These are the following:
1. Let your customers talk
2. Tell about the benefits of the product/service
3. Increase sales through simple selling
4. Closing one’s sales
5. Follow up
If done right it will open your customers purse.
These are the top five sales techniques that everyone has already known. All of these techniques have already helped lots of companies to finally increase the sales. Sometimes, there are also some that still commits things which instead of winning the customers “yes”, it had brought confusion causing not to close the sale.
To help you get away from negative things, here are the following dos and don’ts in advanced sales techniques:
• Do things to be prepared – being prepared would also mean that you already have a planned for things ahead of time. This is a great technique for someone who really wants to increase their sales.
• Don’t say close-ended questions – this is another mistake that some have failed to realized. It is best that you keep your customer to be aware of the possibilities that they have.
• Do demonstrate the value – you can do this one of advanced sales techniques by explaining to your customer the benefits that they will be getting from his particular product. You can also include explanations about the problems that your product will be able to solve.
• Don’t be overly aggressive – customers indeed varies there are some that are receptive on recommendations and suggestions while others are not. If you see that they are in a bad mood, just be patient, understand and respect when they say “NO”.
• Do have a good timing – it is said that timing is everything so don’t push for things when it is not yet time. Remember that there is perfect timing in business. It may be a no today but a big yes for tomorrow.
• Don’t go overboard – another mistake that is often committed is trying to sell a product that would let a particular customer to have a big purchase. You know the free bonus offer given.
Sometimes it work but it is too greedy for you as it may also lead to resentment. It is recommended to at least increase the offer for up to 25%.
These are the dos and don’ts that you really should remember whenever you are dealing with your prospective customer. Remember that now is a perfect timing to greatly increase your sales.